Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electra Meccanica Solo

Options
  • 24-10-2016 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Vancouver, BC company Electra Meccanica launched it's single-seater EV, the Solo on Sept. 9th 2016. The Solo has a 160Km range, a 16.1KWh battery, Regenerative braking, weighs 451Kg and has a top speed of 85mph. It costs $19,888 Canadian ($15,500 USD) and can be reserved world-wide for a $250 refundable deposit. Mine's due to be delivered in April '17.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

SoloOwners wrote: »
    Vancouver, BC company Electra Meccanica launched it's single-seater EV, the Solo on Sept. 9th 2016. The Solo has a 160Km range, a 16.1KWh battery, Regenerative braking, weighs 451Kg and has a top speed of 85mph. It costs $19,888 Canadian ($15,500 USD) and can be reserved world-wide for a $250 refundable deposit. Mine's due to be delivered in April '17.

Sorry but that looks dreadful. Unfortunately that is the type of car people picture when I tell them I drive an EV.

One seat only. Just buy a twizy for half the price.
    What's your reasons for buying that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Sounds like it hasn't got type approval for sale in the EU yet either. I'm sure it will be too expensive once/if it ever gets over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SoloOwners

A Twizy? are you kidding? What's the top end in a Twizy? Like 35mph? And you say THIS looks dreadful? LOL.

Looks are subjective to the beholder.

Silog, It will be easier to get compliance certification in the UK than it will be for the US and Canada. I don't know what the duty will be on imports to the EU as of yet. Maybe someone can shed some light on that. There are already reservation holders in Germany.

As far as my motive, I don't need this. I already have two good vehicles. I just want it. My first EV. It will be only one of a limited edition signature series of 1000 units.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

SoloOwners wrote: »
    A Twizy? are you kidding? What's the top end in a Twizy? Like 35mph? And you say THIS looks dreadful? LOL.

Looks are subjective to the beholder.

Silog, It will be easier to get compliance certification in the UK than it will be for the US and Canada. I don't know what the duty will be on imports to the EU as of yet. Maybe someone can shed some light on that. There are already reservation holders in Germany.

As far as my motive, I don't need this. I already have two good vehicles. I just want it. My first EV. It will be only one of a limited edition signature series of 1000 units.

Check with cross13, he might have an idea what the import tax could possibly be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Just watched a video on this. Ended up having a problem where it loses power on the road and they don’t know why. They’re buying back all the over 400 sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Registered Users Posts: 15,743 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It looks like someone made back end version of that VW 300 Electric thing from years ago which if VW had any balls at all they would have put into production but no they chickened out and then on that someone stuck the front half of a car onto. Sure if it was 6 grand OK but nearly 20k for it no way.

Has the company made anything else since?

Any other models?

Advertisement