Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v England, March 2017

Options
  • 24-10-2016 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys, first-time caller, so please be gentle.

Myself and a few friends (likely to be three-five in total I think) are planning a trip over to Ireland (from metropolitan, pro-EU London) for a week next spring.

Current plan is to drive around your beautiful country, ending with a weekend in Dublin. We would love to go to the Ireland-England game, and I'm just looking into how we'd go about getting tickets.

I appreciate it is likely to be very tricky, and not cheap. We don't have any contacts within Irish rugby clubs. We might potentially have the odd contact our end, but that's by no means guaranteed.

Obviously it's a hugely popular fixture, even more so given it's the final match of the Six Nations.

Any tips on the best way to proceed would be greatly appreciated - is it worth joining the Ireland supporters club? Are (very expensive) resale sites our best hope?

We will of course explore all options from our end (clubs, RFU packages, anyone else we might know with contacts), and would rather take English-allocated tickets than ones designed for Irish fans, but we would dearly love to join you guys and be at the game, so I thought I'd see what opinions and options your fine forum had.

Many thanks in advance,

Bryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Your best bet is to join the supporters club as tickets wont go on general sale

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Joining the supporters club gives you at best a fraction of 1% chance to get maybe 2 tickets. If you need 5 tickets, well the odds really aren't in your favour. Sadly the scalps or packages may be your best option to be assured of a ticket but do you want to pay multiples?

Something else you need to allow for is that weekend itself. At the best of times it's really hard to get accommodation in Dublin for a rugby weekend. Add in the factor of St. Patrick's Day tourists and you are in for a fight.

As a compromise maybe stay in the city for the weekend and head out towards the ground and take in the game in a bar there. You never know; a ticket or two may come your way on the day if you are lucky :)

Advertisement