Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QNIX replacement screen?

Options
  • 24-10-2016 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi guys

My cat just jumped over my monitor, it fell on a mouse and cracked :(
    Any ideas where to get a replacement screen? Google has nothing on this and I don't feel like it's fair to scrap the monitor just for a screen damage which should be cheap(er) to fix than replace it alltogether.

Monitor: QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution II Multi TRUE10 SE 27" 2560x1440 Monitor Overclockable

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It's an AUO panel but I don't see any replacements listed. The panel is 90%+ of the cost so its likely a case for a new one.

A monitor arm, either clamped or wall, is a very catproof solution for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

ED E wrote: »
    It's an AUO panel but I don't see any replacements listed. The panel is 90%+ of the cost so its likely a case for a new one.

A monitor arm, either clamped or wall, is a very catproof solution for €20.

Yep, the Panel is the majority of the cost. Its only viable for repair on laptops as they involve other components.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have a Qnix myself,everything but the panel is super cheap and plasticy. Especially the stand. So yeah id agree best option would be just to replace it.

Im not bashing the monitor,it has its faults but i love mine. Been ticking away a 100Hz and ive had it a few years now. Turned out to be a great buy for me build quality aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Ehh it was worth a try. Thanks guys, that makes sense, hopefully I'll spot one being sold with a dead psu or logic board, wishful thinking probably.

Advertisement