Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WebElevate 5.0

Options
  • 24-10-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I'm considering applying for this course with Digital Skills academy. Can anyone give me any feedback on this course ? Is it mainly online ? Are there many hours of lectures a week ? Is it self paced lectures or do you need to join in on a specific day to group lectures online ?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Hi Op

Check your mail.

Carson :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Carson10 wrote: »
    Hi Op

Check your mail.

Carson :)

Could you please send me a mail on this too

• Registered Users Posts: 3 numty

Could you also send me a mail on this as well please Carson10?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭leblanc

Any chance you could PM me the details too please mate?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Could you send it my way too please. TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭tombom112

Can I get those details too please

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zhongguo

Any chance I could get a copy of that ?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭redfox123

Could I please get some info on this course I really haven't a clue whether to accept the place, is it actually worth the time and is it as big an investment of time per week as I think it will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Could I get some information too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

somuj wrote: »
    Could I get some information too

Do a decent course in a decent college.

• Advertisement

What stream are you doing, coding, design or management

I started the coding stream 3 weeks ago, so far its fairly slow going as they get us working together, easing us in to it.

You get split in teams of 5 or 6

As far as the subject matter goes there is alot of team work on projects, then in the coding stream PHP is the first language and then further on HTML CSS and Javscript.

I know enough of these already to be dangerous so this part is handy enough for me but if your brand new then they start at the beginning anyway, you will need to put a little more effort in.

Its taught through live syncs, which are just live webinars really, we had 2 a week so far but it looks like it will be once every two weeks but there are workshops once every two weeks. Then the bulk of the material the 8 hours teaching is in video, PDF and powerpoint (thats so far anyway, if anything changes I'll update), so learn something, practice and move on, they have forums for questions and you can contact the teacher as well.

At the end of it is a level 7 fetac degree from DIT, this is why I'm doing it, just get the paper so I can use it in the future to get a foot in the door.

If you are just interested in learning to code or do UX design then a few books and couple of courses on Udemy would be the way to go, this is how I learned anyways.

Only doing this 3 weeks but if you give me a poke near to Christmas I can probably give you more details then

• Registered Users Posts: 4 difalloni

I just got accepted onto the Digital Sales and Marketing stream of this yesterday, was at the information seminar in the digital hub last Thursday. Apparently they hadn't filled all the slots so we are allowed start a bit later. Anyone else doing this? Any advice or experience welcome, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'm currently doing the course and really enjoying it. We started in November and I'm doing the Project Management stream. We are working on collaborative projects and our own individual work. I highly recommend this course to anyone thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tieng anh

can you email me also the details please. deaghlanconail@yahoo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tieng anh

how is it working out so far?

Advertisement