Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eu compensation, flight distances ?

Options
  • 24-10-2016 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭

Ok,
    the wife was shafted by aer lingus and they cancelled this morning's flight "for operational reasons" with the next option being Friday.
    Of course theres a couple of flights from Dublin 100s of kilometres away, but they only sent notice last night at about 9pm so getting the 7am flight from Dublin wasn't an option (leaving me now having to take a half day off work to collect the daughter from primary school at midday, and bring her to doctor, and then collect the son.... this really could have happened on a better day)

I've had flights cancelled before but this late notice is completely pulling the p1ss so I will be looking for the statutory compensation.
    Theres aparantly one rate up to 1500km and one when its over 1500km.

Thing is, according to flight tracker websites the point to point distance is 1497km so a couple of km short of the magic 1500km!
    So, is there a reference which airlines or the EU use for mileage between airports or do they use the great circle distance as worked out on random websites ?

Advertisement