Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into Control Engineering

Options
  • 23-10-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Im currently employed as a Manufacturing Engineer and doing OK for myself. Im employed in the biomedical field.

I would like to expand my skills and would like to get into PLC programming, which would open the gateway for me to getting employed as a software engineer or even in the pharma field as an automation engineer.

What courses are there that would give me this skill ?

I would hope to study in the evening time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

aidanki wrote: »
    Im currently employed as a Manufacturing Engineer and doing OK for myself. Im employed in the biomedical field.

I would like to expand my skills and would like to get into PLC programming, which would open the gateway for me to getting employed as a software engineer or even in the pharma field as an automation engineer.

What courses are there that would give me this skill ?

I would hope to study in the evening time.
    Computer Science in Maynooth has a PLC module. I don't know whether it's available via any evening courses, but it wouldn't hurt to enquire.

http://www.cit.ie/course?id=18963

Computer based automation systems
    Control systems
    Connection and circuit technology for transducers
    PLC configuration and control
    Safety systems
    SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition)

Advertisement