Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

android tv box

Options
  • 23-10-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

does any one know what is a good tv box? mainly for streaming stuff but i wouldnt mind playing the odd game especially old spectrum or commodore games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

The Nvidia Shield TV if you can get your hands on one or something like a Minix U1.Both top end well built and supported devices.Maybe have a read through some of the Android TV Box thread Here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

i'm another newbie to this...any thoughts on this box?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MINIX-Lollipop-Quad-core-Bluetooth-Double-sided/dp/B0192M8CSS?th=1

i'm going to the states in 3 weeks so could pick up the nvidia shield but that seems to be more gaming oriented from what i can see? i'm really looking at this for tv / movies to avoid needing to get multiroom on my current tv subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MINIX-Lollipop-Quad-core-Bluetooth-Double-sided/dp/B0192M8CSS?th=1

i'm going to the states in 3 weeks so could pick up the nvidia shield but that seems to be more gaming oriented from what i can see? i'm really looking at this for tv / movies to avoid needing to get multiroom on my current tv subscription.

The Shield TV is in my opinion the best current Android Streaming Device.Yes lots of gaming can be done on it.But the Video Streaming side of it.....is above most others,plus it has it's own Plex Server and services.But the Minix U1 is also a streaming "beast" too.So if your happy with that,go for it.

thanks and apologies also, i had meant to post that in the main thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

Have had it since it came out last December and cant praise it enough

Fast responsive and well supported box with an excellent support forum from Minix and plenty of OTA updates & bug fixes for the box,

make sure you get the unit with theA2 air mouse its invaluable as the standard remote that comes with it is a bit rubbish and clumsy to use

• Advertisement

wozza wrote: »
    Have had it since it came out last December and cant praise it enough

Fast responsive and well supported box with an excellent support forum from Minix and plenty of OTA updates & bug fixes for the box,

make sure you get the unit with theA2 air mouse its invaluable as the standard remote that comes with it is a bit rubbish and clumsy to use

thanks, i had actually gone ahead and ordered it yesterday with the air mouse as had read elsewhere that it was a pretty essential add-on!

Advertisement