Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 3 Alternatives?

Options
  • 23-10-2016 7:32pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking at a new phone and thinking of the OnePlus 3. I had the OnePlus One before, now I have the OnePlus X. I like the size, I just don't like the small storage, and also the glass back makes it slip off everything. I know the 3 is a great phone but its slightly larger than I really want. Are there any alternatives I should consider without spending more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

http://m.androidcentral.com/best-android-phones-under-400

Couple of other options here, but +3 is basically the best out of them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OK thanks, I sort of thought that was the case but I just wanted to check...

One thing, they are saying nearly a month for delivery - is that normal??

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Q&A

Zascar wrote: »
    Looking at a new phone and thinking of the OnePlus 3. I had the OnePlus One before, now I have the OnePlus X. I like the size, I just don't like the small storage, and also the glass back makes it slip off everything. I know the 3 is a great phone but its slightly larger than I really want. Are there any alternatives I should consider without spending more?

Without sounding smart why not just get a case and a memory card. For €20 you'll have more memory than a op3 - ok it wont be as well spec'd but you don't mention that as being an issue. For me expandable storage is a positive that more and more phones are lacking.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013UDL58E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Have both but prefer the phone without a case, and as much as a memory card is great, you still have to move stuff across which is a pain. Mainly I forgot to say the processor isn't the greatest its a big laggy...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭listermint

also the glass back makes it slip off everything
    Have both but prefer the phone without a case,

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

One thing, they are saying nearly a month for delivery - is that normal??

It was saying the same when I ordered last week but then got a text from DHL to say it would be delivered in 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Moto Z Play?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Upgrading from my long lasting HTC One M7 soon as the battery has finally tired itself out and only lasts maybe 8 hours these days, (Not much screentime, but mobile data is kept on).

Did anyone with a HTC get an offer pushed to their phone with €50 off the price of a new HTC 10? It still looked dear to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

micknail wrote: »
    Upgrading from my long lasting HTC One M7 soon as the battery has finally tired itself out and only lasts maybe 8 hours these days, (Not much screentime, but mobile data is kept on).

Did anyone with a HTC get an offer pushed to their phone with €50 off the price of a new HTC 10? It still looked dear to be honest.
    Yeah I got one pushed to my M8. And it's shockingly expensive. The same offer applies on the UK store though, where it's a lot cheaper with the weak sterling, £470-ish

• Advertisement

I went with the OnePlus 3 - very happy with my decision. Lightening fast and full of great features.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I went with the OnePlus 3 - very happy with my decision. Lightening fast and full of great features.

What are the great features?

Wondering if it's worth the move from the OPO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Broken record but again no B20 on the Mix, for that kinda money you're way better off with the OP3 etc.
    4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭FaganJr

ED E wrote: »
    Broken record but again no B20 on the Mix, for that kinda money you're way better off with the OP3 etc.

Whats B20?

If its LTE 20, the specs have not yet been released for the International version.

All specs to date are for China.

We'll know more tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Zascar wrote:

How long were you waiting? Ordered mine last week and no word yet....

I bought it on adverts brand new - paid €20 over the odds but the website was saying 3-4 weeks for delivery ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Zascar wrote:
    I bought it on adverts brand new - paid €20 over the odds but the website was saying 3-4 weeks for delivery ffs

You did alright so, I'll have to wait it out. Completely out of stock on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

FaganJr wrote: »
    Whats B20?

If its LTE 20, the specs have not yet been released for the International version.

All specs to date are for China.

We'll know more tomorrow

From what I could see it looks like it hasn't got it. Can anyone confirm?

Advertisement