Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1,good/bad

Options
  • 22-10-2016 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭

Worth buying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

6 hr single player half decent multiplayer don't scream out "buy me for 70 quid"

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Nothing there worth paying €70 for if you already have BF4. I'd wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Not everybody judges a game based on the time they get out of it,some prefer shorter but higher quality games.

Personally bought it,the WW1 setting was enough to make it feel fresh enough IMO.

70 quid me back side , 56 in argos .

Anyway I played a bit of single and multiplayer and despite the setting it feels very battlefield and very familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

48 on amazon, 56 argos, well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Well worth it, brilliant brilliant game.

Sorry not worth 70 no game is, but 40 on g2play etc:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

I'm enjoying it, probably best battlefield I've played in a while. Game runs really well with some minor issues. Origin in game kept crashing it and origin achievement pop ups cause display problems. But overall performance is good - I've only got a 680gtx and game still looks really nice.

I really like the maps - they've captured the look and feel of the era nicely. Terrain destruction is great with newly formed craters providing great fox holes and cover. Operations mode is amazing, I can't stop playing it. Only minor bug bear is that at times other players seem like complete bullet sponges. But to be fair I've had situations where it worked in my favour and I was the sponge.

So far very happy with my purchase :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

IvoryTower wrote: »
    48 on amazon, 56 argos, well worth it.

~€42 if you buy from TheGamesCollection at the moment. Got mine for €41 from Smyths UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Im enjoying it so far. Campaign is probably the best since Bad Company 2. Only played through one of the stories so far but really liked it. Multiplayer seems quite good so far. The new setting makes it feel a bit fresher and the operations game mode is really good. Its a good combination of Rush and Conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well worth it for the €50 it will cost you if you shop smart. The graphics and setting are amazing, multiplayer is great tho suffers from usual problems but the campaign is awful and I mean really awful.

The campaign lacks any wow moments, is very short and the constant swapping of character just feels lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

EoinHef wrote: »
    Not everybody judges a game based on the time they get out of it,some prefer shorter but higher quality games.

Personally bought it,the WW1 setting was enough to make it feel fresh enough IMO.

See I was really looking forward to bolt action...erm....action! However to be fair the vast majority is either auto or semi. The game looks WW1ish... in a vaguely steam punk sort of way but it definitely hasn't captured the sort of vibe I was looking for. It really does just feel like another Battlefield. Which is good and bad depending on perspective.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's plenty of discussion on it in the dedicated Battlefield forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=323

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Spear wrote: »
    There's plenty of discussion on it in the dedicated Battlefield forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=323

Indeed, Battlefield with it's own dedicated forum....no need for a thread with little to no discussion involved. Lazy post by OP.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Indeed, Battlefield with it's own dedicated forum....no need for a thread with little to no discussion involved. Lazy post by OP.

Why dont you leave the modding to the mods

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

dreamers75 wrote: »

Sorry not worth 70 no game is, but 40 on g2play etc:

If you got 35hrs of fun out of a game, that would be €2/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If you got 35hrs of fun out of a game, that would be €2/hr

I cant justify that price, kid has a PS4 and it kills me to buy new games for him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I cant justify that price, kid has a PS4 and it kills me to buy new games for him :mad:

I think I see the problem ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Why dont you leave the modding to the mods

Exactly....... from the seat behind the backseat!:D

Exactly....... from the seat behind the backseat!:D

So where does that leave you....in the boot?:D

So where does that leave you....in the boot?:D

About 5 cars back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Any tips for a complete beginner playing BF1 online?
    I played for the first time yesterday evening and I didnt have a clue what was happening.
    Doesnt seem to explain anything.. I cant even tell who is on my team because there is just so much going on..
    And the map is of no use to me either as I dont know what the various symbols etc mean.

Last game I played would have been Call of Duty a few years ago.. I recall it was alot easier to figure things out and get going..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I payed 40 euro for BF1. Worth about that. Single player is ok, has its moments. Multiplayer is really good (and I wasnt a fan of BF4)

I played for the first time yesterday evening and I didnt have a clue what was happening.
    Doesnt seem to explain anything.. I cant even tell who is on my team because there is just so much going on..
    And the map is of no use to me either as I dont know what the various symbols etc mean.

Last game I played would have been Call of Duty a few years ago.. I recall it was alot easier to figure things out and get going..

I'm not expert myself but the single most importtant thing is to join a squad at the start, and stick with them helps you spawn in better places to as you can spawn on them. If they are not working together or communicating join another one.

Battlefield is a bit different to COD. COD is all about getting kills. Getting kills isnt the be all and end all in Battlefield. You can contribute in many ways.

First of all, always try and play the objective. So in conquest or operations thats capturing or defending the points.

Secondly, work with your teammates. If youre a medic heal and revive, playing as support drop ammo for your teammates, scout use the flare gun and spot enemies for your teammates. You get xp for doing all these things. The beauty of BF is that you can still get a really high score without getting many kills. Theres many ways to contribute.

Battlefield is a bit different to COD. COD is all about getting kills. Getting kills isnt the be all and end all in Battlefield. You can contribute in many ways.

First of all, always try and play the objective. So in conquest or operations thats capturing or defending the points.

Secondly, work with your teammates. If youre a medic heal and revive, playing as support drop ammo for your teammates, scout use the flare gun and spot enemies for your teammates. You get xp for doing all these things. The beauty of BF is that you can still get a really high score without getting many kills. Theres many ways to contribute.

Correction it is possible to get a really high score without getting any kills. You can be the number 1 player on the leader board and get 0 kills. :cool:

Correction it is possible to get a really high score without getting any kills. You can be the number 1 player on the leader board and get 0 kills. :cool:

Very true. I've been in the top three in my team in a match where I drove a transport vehicle between capture points. Got loads of xp from just capping points and from passenger assists without firing a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There is a key to zoom out the minimap, makes it a little clearer. The basics of most maps is cap or defend the flags (lettered). I find domination mode is best to learn the ropes as there are no complicated mechanics nor vehicles to annoy you. Just cap and hold the points as the tickets on the top of the screen count to 100 for your team. The maps are tight and you're not getting f*cked from 15 different angles. Conquest is the same but large scale with vehicles and isn't much fun till you understand what's going on. Rush is a bit more objective based. Arm/disarm a bomb I think it is... Never bother with it much. Operations is attacking or defending only. You attack and gain sectors and the reverse for defending. Attackers get 3 goes to win and vehicles etc are included. It's fun and a bit better than conquest because you're always attacking/defending in mostly one direction on the map.

Green dots on the map are your squad mates, blue are team mates and red are enemy. Personally I find the minimap not easy to read myself in this version. In game all your team mates will have icons over their heads. You can't miss them. Anyone without this icon is an enemy. If you're on the pc hit Q to highlight them to your team and then shoot the f*cker :) Get used to spamming Q as it's a real benefit to your team and you get points for spotting.

Classes:

Assault sub machine gun. Does what it says, also mainly for attacking tanks. Has good medium to short range weps.

Medic: Heals and revives. Spam those med packs. Very good med to long range rifle abeit semi auto.

Support: Light machine guns. Bullet spam. Also used to resupply your team with ammo so throw ammo at everyone.

Sniper: Noob campers of no use to anyone.

On the selection screen you can select what weapon and clicking on the cog can customise things like bayonet/magnification levels etc.

That's the super basics. Weapons you have to struggle through a bit with because I still haven't seen any reasonable guides but warbonds are relatively easy to gain so you don't have to horde them too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

thanks for all the input guys. Really appreciate it.
    Will give it a good read before playing this weekend.

Advertisement