Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Shower - Water starts/stops. Struggling Noise.

Options
  • 22-10-2016 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

TRITON SHOWER AS2000XT - Thermostatic Power Shower.
    Installed: December 2015 (Has never worked properly)
    Heating system: Geothermal. Location: Northwest, Ireland.

Local plumber has checked it 3 times - Not able to fix it & has little info on whats wrong ?

I have uploaded a video on youtube of the shower. I cannot add a link because I am a new user on Boards.ie - however if you youtube; "TRITON SHOWER. Water Starts/Stops" - it should be the first video that is displayed.

It just drizzles water (or none at all) & sounds like it is about to explode.

Any advice or help would be great. Im guessing- that there isn't water getting to it. (But the plumber says that there is, so thats where Im lost!?)

Thanks,
    Conor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Looks like installer didn't read the manual.
    It could be an airlock but as its bad on both hot & cold its less likely.
    Look at page 9 of the instruction manual. Fig 13 is what you need. There's 2 white plugs in the rear/top entry when you open the box. If you use these entry points then you don't throw away the white plugs. They need to go in the bottom entry. I'm betting your installer missed this very important part of the installation. You can buy more plugs from triton Ireland Here

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConorF123

Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply !
    I will take all that advice and hopefully it will work.

Can I just ask - Do you know if the problem may have anything to do with the fact that the heating a geothermal and underfloor system? A few people have mentioned (guessed) that.

Thanks,
    Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ConorF123 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply !
    I will take all that advice and hopefully it will work.

Can I just ask - Do you know if the problem may have anything to do with the fact that the heating a geothermal and underfloor system? A few people have mentioned (guessed) that.

Thanks,
    Conor.

I have to assume that the shower is plumed correctly. The only way the hot water can behave in this way is if the thermostat is failing but this wouldn't effect the cold. Both hot & cold are acting up. These are 2 separate pipes.
    This strongly suggests something in the shower rather than elsewhere.
    The bottom entry inlet is like a none return valve when not being used. This is why no water is leaking from this area even though I believe the white plugs aren't in place. With the white plugs missing the shower sucks in air from this fitting. This looks like what is happening in your case.
    If you feel comfortable having a look you can turn off the power, turn the temperature dial to 5 & remove dial & cover. You should be able to see the tip of the white plugs sticking out of the fitting. When putting cover back on remember to put dial on number 5.
    If it is the plugs then the shower itself needs to come off the wall to allow you to fit the plugs. I'd expect the plumber to come back to do this.
    Hope it helps. Please let us know the outcome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConorF123

Once again, thank you so much for your reply. This is my first time using boards.ie, and you have really proved how helpful it can be.

We are getting a plumber to investigate next week - and I will absolutely let you know how we get on.

Thanks again.

Conor.

Advertisement