Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEX & PC games

Options
  • 22-10-2016 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. Sorry for a possibly silly question, whenever I find myself rummaging through the PC section of CEX, i often see boxes with the Steam logo at the back. I had always thought that steam games, even retail ones (which are really just keys) are tied to your account and can't be sold on? In that case, if anyone bought these games, they'd just refuse to activate. Is there some way around this or are CEX knowingly selling duds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah the only use I can see for the disk is to save bandwidth and install the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They only take in sealed games, so these are traded in sealed, and opened when they are taking them in, so codes should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

chrislad wrote: »
    They only take in sealed games, so these are traded in sealed, and opened when they are taking them in, so codes should be fine.

It's pretty easy to re-seal a game though.

Advertisement