Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting list mail arrived while I was abroad

Options
  • 21-10-2016 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭

A waiting list mail arrived from Beaumont hospital while I was abroad saying I had 7 days to reply as otherwise I would be taken off the waiting list.

Obviously I was away during this week.

I tried contacting the hospital but keep getting sent to the answering machine (where I leave a message including my phone number).

Haven't had a call back yet despite leaving 3 messages. Is this common practice to remove people who've been waiting for years just because they didn't receive the letter?

Anyone I should contact? The Beaumont email is full and mails are bouncing.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

same happened me, so i just sent email to the department,
    and left a voicemail also. I live near enough to Dundalk Hospital,
    so I drove there and explained to the secretary. Something must have happened,
    cause after nearly 5 years on the list I got an appointment for the next 4 weeks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Got that email handy? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

mrcheez wrote: »
    A waiting list mail arrived from Beaumont hospital while I was abroad saying I had 7 days to reply as otherwise I would be taken off the waiting list.

Obviously I was away during this week.

I tried contacting the hospital but keep getting sent to the answering machine (where I leave a message including my phone number).

Haven't had a call back yet despite leaving 3 messages. Is this common practice to remove people who've been waiting for years just because they didn't receive the letter?

Anyone I should contact? The Beaumont email is full and mails are bouncing.

cheers

Send them register letter immediately

dollyk wrote: »
    same happened me, so i just sent email to the department

Hi, what's the department email?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

7 days is harsh, most hospitals use 14 days. Send the letter back anyway with a note attached explaining the delay. At the moment they are being inundated and it takes a while to process everything, not just the yesses and no's but the more complicated people who have passed away, changed details etc. Give them a week or two and then ring/email to ensure they have acted on your letter. Putting you back on the waiting list is very simple and straightforward.

• Advertisement

7 days is harsh, most hospitals use 14 days.

yup, looks like they are banking on most people not getting back to them on time so they have an excuse to shorten the waiting lists.
    Give them a week or two and then ring/email to ensure they have acted on your letter.

Funny, every time I try to call I get sent to an answering machine. Have left 6 messages at this stage.

Advertisement