Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online guitar resources; Tab Pro, Yousician, GuitarZero2Hero

Options
  • 21-10-2016 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if people use these or others. My young fella (10) has been learning for a couple of years, has potential, I'm tagging along and trying to keep up, its good fun. Apart from lessons does anyone use online resources?

Tab Pro is an offshoot of UltimateGuitar. You get lifetime access for $40. There's a Youtube video on how it works.

Yousician - gets plugged on Youtube, apart from the ad dont know much about it.

GuitarZero2Hero is a free Youtube video guy who gives you 20 lessons on particular songs - seems fairly good, his website has a free EBook to download.

Any views on the above or others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

To answer my own question (a year on) .........

Came across GuitarLessons365Song on Youtube, a guy call Carl Brown. Best by a mile from my limited meanderings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sonya Blade

Yousician is lit. I use the free version though but limited number of songs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I have been using Active Melody's free lessons on You Tube for the last while. But I plan to subscribe this year to get the full lessons. Its all roots stuff like blues, jazz, and bluegrass, so its fairly specific.

Another guy is Guitar Jamz - He teaches beginners and will play well known songs.

Hope it works out...

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

JustinGuitar is a really popular online resource for learning guitar, possibly the most popular. He has a few eBooks with songs.

Found Tab Pro not that useful for learning, at least at the stage I'm at. It's a bit of a waste of money until you actually have the skills to play the songs you want to be able to play. You won't get too much out of it if you can just play cowboy chords.

• Advertisement
Advertisement