Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are morning trains from M3 Parkway to Docklands packed?

Options
  • 21-10-2016 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Going to be starting a job in Docklands soon. I live in Navan. Was intending getting 8.10 train from M3 parkway into Docklands, and then a short walk to work. Would this train be hopping?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

At M3 parkway you should get a seat no problem

Gets packed once it hits Coolmine/Ashtown

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I don't think so, first stop. Haven't been on it at that time though. It'd be great for you if they ever pull the finger out and extend the line to Navan.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You will get a seat at Hansfield even but not a double.

Way home can be rather uncomfortable until at least Ashtown if you're not early.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Fridge wrote: »
    I don't think so, first stop. Haven't been on it at that time though. It'd be great for you if they ever pull the finger out and extend the line to Navan.

It sure would....and the proposed train stop is up near where I live too. But there doesn't seem to be any interest in doing so. I'd wonder why they put so many parking spaces at the M3 Parkway if they intended extending the line to Navan. I think they'd rather force people to pay the toll and then park and ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ally Dick wrote: »
    It sure would....and the proposed train stop is up near where I live too. But there doesn't seem to be any interest in doing so. I'd wonder why they put so many parking spaces at the M3 Parkway if they intended extending the line to Navan. I think they'd rather force people to pay the toll and then park and ride!

Send the Minister a tweet and let him know when you've had 100 retweets. Once it hits 100 he's promised to extend the line onwards :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Send the Minister a tweet and let him know when you've had 100 retweets. Once it hits 100 he's promised to extend the line onwards :pac:

Facebook likes don't work anymore? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Banjoxed wrote: »
    Facebook likes don't work anymore? :eek:

That's Amen's you are thinking of :)

That's Amen's you are thinking of :)

Amen. Liked and Shared.

Have I restored the Tralee and Dingle now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

The transport strategy 2016 - 2035 sees the M3 road network and bus as sufficient until 2035. So if that doesn't change there'll be no extension of train line until at circa 2045 ( time to build etc)

tara83 wrote: »
    The transport strategy 2016 - 2035 sees the M3 road network and bus as sufficient until 2035. So if that doesn't change there'll be no extension of train line until at circa 2045 ( time to build etc)

Dempsey delivered - but for who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

tara83 wrote: »
    the train could be easily "extended" by providing a properly timed dedicated express bus shuttle down the motorway to and from Navan, on one rail ticket. With the toll on the motorway limiting the attractiveness of driving to M3parkway, you might think a shuttle bus would be a popular option.

Any rail company looking to fill their trains would be looking to do this, but CIE seemingly are conflicted in owning a subsidised bus route to Navan which means they dont care about filling that particular train with passengers from Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

To me it's a no brainer to get a train in. The traffic is a world of pain on the M3 when you get to Clonee and beyond

Advertisement