Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo travel around Ireland

Options
  • 20-10-2016 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've got a bunch of holidays to use up before January, so I need to organise something soon!

I'm 28 and single, and looking for something to do around Ireland from around mid-November for a week or two.

I'm a little short on ideas, would love if anyone could suggest something!

I'm interested in outdoors stuff, was thinking of doing a bushcraft camping kind of course.

Another thing might be just to pick a few towns on the west coast and go for a drive/maybe camp along the way.

Thanks for any ideas!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Come down to us in the kingdom, loads to do, plus it has the best scenery in Ireland in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Dave! wrote:
    I'm interested in outdoors stuff, was thinking of doing a bushcraft camping kind of course.

Done a bushcraft course in England few years ago, Jobage! Enjoy whatever you do

plenty of long distance walks around the country as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Kerry is a good idea. Rent a bike and explore the park, must be lovely with the autumn colours, the Gap of Dunloe.
    Hike Carrantuohill - ya gotta do that once! Some other nice day walks in the area too.

West Cork, walk Sheep's Head, some of the Beara Way. Vist Cape Clear
    Explore a section of the WAW.
    Westport: Cycle the westway.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

A few suggestions;

Surfing anywhere along the west coast; it's colder now, but generally better waves than in summer. Lahinch, and Sligo come to mind.

If travelling along the west coast for scenery, Co. Clare, Connemara and Co.Donegal is a must!

Take a trip to Belfast while the is weak, it's a great city. If you have travel and the time, you can also a few other sights; GoT driving tour, Giants Causeway, Dunluce Castle, Bushmills Distillery....

Try a new outdoorsy sport such as mountain biking (there's a few centres around the country, I hear the Wicklow mountains is the place for it).
    Suss out if there's any organic farms or the like who would put you up/feed you for a few hours work, it would be good for the social aspect if travelling alone.

Advertisement