Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls black screen...

Options
  • 20-10-2016 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

I've done something stupid with settings on dark souls. Not even sure what I clicked to cause this if I'm honest.

Maybe resolution but cant get back in to check as I'm getting a permanent black screen when loading the game.

If I click buttons I can hear the sound of the menu but cant see it.

I've tried googling solutions. Something about a darksouls.ini file which I cant find on my computer.

I'm on windows 10 if that makes any difference.

Please help. I'm about 8 hours in at this point.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Go to your steam library, steamapps/common/darksouls and you should find the .ini

If you remember the setting you changed, just change it back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Go to your steam library, steamapps/common/darksouls and you should find the .ini

If you remember the setting you changed, just change it back

I honestly don't remember the setting.

I searched that folder but the ini file isn't there. I even checked the hidden files etc..

Ah maybe it's a lost cause. Just a shame considering the time I've put into it so far. I know it's not huge but it's frickin dark souls hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Meh, I imagine 8 hours for a newbie isn't too far tbh.

I can link my ini if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

That's just the extra hard mode, they increase the difficulty by not displaying anything on the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Advertisement
Advertisement