Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three MBB Outage

Options
  • 20-10-2016 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

From their site in case anyone is having problems:
    Mobile Broadband Issue
    Some Three customers are currently experiencing issues using internet through their handset or broadband service. Our technical team is working to restore full connection. We thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

It seems to be affecting iD Mobile broadband also as it was down here most of Wednesday and all day Thursday.

It was working earlier today, but now just shows 'No signal' again. If I pop a Three phone SIM in the same router, it gets a Three 4G signal straight away and connects fine.

I don't know anyone on Three mobile broadband now to check. The last two people I knew using Three mobile broadband have since switched provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

Ahhh that explains the dongle being useless on thursday and friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Its happening again, had to put 20 quid in a Vodafone SIM because Three just up and died at about 8PM. Still completely dead as of now up here in Donegal.
    Shows full signal but takes the modem 5 minutes to connect then has 1000-3000ms latency and 50-90% packet loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

Three mobile broadband is gone to pot since the merger with O2. I had to get rid of it months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Back up again this morning, oddly enough its been grand for me since I told my modem to stay on 3G rather than 4G. Usually stays above 10Mbit, peaks at 30 in the middle of the night. 4G is completely crippled from cell saturation in the area and most people don't manually switch to 3G so its almost completely free :P Downtime last night was the first time in months I had bother with it but it was a brutal outage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I noticed that also in Donegal town. When they put in a 4G mast a few months ago, I took my Three SIM with to give it a test (Saturday afternoon) and got something like 6Mbps in 4G mode and 18Mbps in 3G mode. When I last tested the speed there, 3G speeds typically varied between 1 to 4Mbps, so when the 4G went live, everyone jumped to 4G.

In Ballybofey I also started noticing speed degradation on Meteor's 4G network over the past few months, but only minor compared to Three. The 4G speed now regularly hovers around 30Mbps, whereas I generally always got 40 to 50Mbps earlier in the year. There's no change in their 3G speed which is consistently between 20 and 26Mbps.

I ran one speed test on Three in Ballybofey town a few days ago after noticing they have a new mast here. This was fairly early in the day, so have no doubt the download speed drops to single digits in the evening. Pity they couldn't swap some of their upload bandwidth for download bandwidth:

2326733902.png

The carrier name in the speed test image is incorrect. Then again, my slowest speed test on record on the Three network just over a year ago actually showed 'Vodafone' as the carrier!

1097544185.png

Advertisement