Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sounds magazine.

Options
  • 20-10-2016 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey folks, I'm new to Boards, so if this is inappropriate or in the wrong place, please let me know.
    I have a large collection of 'Sounds' music magazines from the early to mid 80's that I would like to get valued or ultimately sell. Can anyone suggest where I could do this? There would probably a bigger market in the UK, but I would rather do it here because of postage, etc. Thanks in advance, and again let me know if I'm breaking rules or whatever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

For Ireland, put it on Adverts.ie and put on Gumtree in the UK. See what interest you get.

It looks like single copies from the 80's sell for a few quid, if it has a good front cover.

A new collector might take them all of your hands, but an established collector unlikely to take them all, and would just want missing issues, or editions with special interest, U2 etc. Big names.

I have seen, a good few years ago, a shop in Central London that laminated/varnished the front covers, framed them on hard board and sold them wall hangings. etc..but they had to be artists of specific interest.

You might be able to do that yourself and flog em?...but I'm sure you might not want to split them.

I was a reader back in the day. I was once gifted,in about 1979/80 a front cover of the NME saying "Are You Alive To The Sounds of 75" with a picture of the Ramones on it. (It was doing a feature on american punk bands). I think I chucked it to my eternal regret...would have been a great thing to hang on the wall now.

Good luck with that whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Broonsbane

Thanks Kettleson. Some food for thought there.

Advertisement