Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autodesk Revit 2017

Options
  • 19-10-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi All,

Not Sure if I am posting in the right Section so apologies if I am. My Brother was installing Autodesk Revit 2017 and gets an Error Message.

Error: rendering features are currently disabled. You must install the Rendering Library to use the Rendering Features.

I have seen one possible option and tried that but could only get so far.

Solution:

1. Edit the permissions in the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\
    1. Right-click the Materials Folder
    2. Choose Properties
    3. Select the Security tab
    4. Click Advanced
    5. Select the Owner tab
    6. Click Edit
    7. Add or select the new owner.
    8. Make sure to select “Replace owner on sub containers and objects”
    9. Click OK.
    Solution was got in follow link which also has another Option which I have not yet tried

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Rendering-features-are-currently-disabled-You-must-install-the-Rendering-library-to-use-rendering-features.html

Materials Folder was not listed in the Location and this is the Case with Folders unhidden. I could not go any further. Solution is also listed for the 2014 version so not sure would it apply.

Any Idea's would be welcomed

Regards

Colm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

If it's a legitimate copy contact support.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm keeping a close eye on this. Any mention of pirated software will result in an instant and permanent ban

Advertisement