Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career prospects in renewable energy

Options
  • 19-10-2016 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Currently i am studying mechanical engineering as a mature student and loving it. It will be another 2 years before graduation, but i'm in no hurry :).
    I am strongly thinking choosing renewable energy as my career path. Strongly thinking about wind energy generation and maybe hydro (limited options).
    What is your opinion on future of renewable energy in Ireland purely from employment point of view?
    Anyone here employed in renewables please share your experiences

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I'm not employed in that industry, but it's been growing rapidly for some time, and I expect it to continue growing for some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Plenty of green tech companies in Ireland and Europe.
    It's a growing sector that's on the verge of a big boom as efficiencies increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 boziey

Would I be better doing mechanical engineering next year in college or renewable energy engineering ,as perhaps mechanical would leave more doors open down the line?? Would really like to go into renewable energy though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

boziey wrote: »
    Would I be better doing mechanical engineering next year in college or renewable energy engineering ,as perhaps mechanical would leave more doors open down the line?? Would really like to go into renewable energy though
    If you like renewables, it's not going to close too many doors to do it. Plenty of engineers wind up doing something outside of their degree speciality anyway.

Advertisement