Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Frames in BF1

Options
  • 19-10-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Heyo :)

I'm getting pretty low framerates on BF1, around 40-50 on high settings at 1920/1080. My rig has an MSI RX480, I7 6700K, 8 gigs of RAM and its also got and ASRock Z170. Running on Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit

I'm not doing any OC on the CPU or GPU, but i reckon it should be around 70ish frames from what I'm seeing elsewhere online :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

enable dx12 mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DukeOfDublin

It is.

I also updated the GPU drivers, and the CPU just to be safe. Could it be the low RAM?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It is.

I also updated the GPU drivers, and the CPU just to be safe. Could it be the low RAM?

Doubt it. I'd check to make sure your cpu and graphics cards are being utilized and are not thermal throttling.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Run MSI afterburner. It'll make it clear if the GPU/CPU/RAM are maxed out.

Its a new EA game, bugs/sub optimal performance are expected.

The temps seem acceptable, but 4 gigs of ram are already being used before the game is launched. God i hate Windows 10!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you run the game then ALT+F4 & instantly check AB you'll see GPU was at 99% or ram was at 7.9GB. Thats what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Switch to DX 11.

Its definitely the RAM, apparently BF has massive memory leak. Do you know if its ok to mix RAM brands if I keep it at the same speed? I could just buy the same sticks but they have doubled in price! I may as well go another 30 quid and get 24 gigs of RAM

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RAM will always try to default all sticks to the lowest common speed.

If BF1 is the only game you're having problems with -- guess you can always play BF4.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    RAM will always try to default all sticks to the lowest common speed.

If BF1 is the only game you're having problems with -- guess you can always play BF4.

So if I get an extra 16 gigs of DDR4 2800 nm RAM it should be OK, even if the first 8 gigs would be G-skill and the other 16 gigs were Corsair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So if I get an extra 16 gigs of DDR4 2800 nm RAM it should be OK, even if the first 8 gigs would be G-skill and the other 16 gigs were Corsair?

I would either:
    (a) Sell the 8Gb you have now & buy a 16Gb stick/kit, OR
    (b) Look for 1x8Gb of the same RAM you have now

Either way, looks like what you really want is a patch for the game. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not sure its ram tbh, I'm only running 8GB ram and its fine, not amazing spec either.

i5 2500K Oc to 4.4ghz
    GTX970
    8GB DDR

Getting close to 144fps for my 144hz monitor at high settings with aa and hbao off.

Getting a solid 60-80 fps on ultra but I want that magic 144fps.

Hey guys :) So I installed 16GB of Corsair RAM and she's hitting that magical 60 FPS at Ultra in 1440P with the addional memory.

Good stuff, where you get the ram?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Dcully wrote: »
    Not sure its ram tbh, I'm only running 8GB ram and its fine, not amazing spec either.

i5 2500K Oc to 4.4ghz
    GTX970
    8GB DDR

Getting close to 144fps for my 144hz monitor at high settings with aa and hbao off.

Getting a solid 60-80 fps on ultra but I want that magic 144fps.

If the cpu was not overclocked what FPS would you be getting on ultra ?

If the cpu was not overclocked what FPS would you be getting on ultra ?

Don't know,Its overclocked with a custom cooler since day one, 4+ years old now :D

Advertisement