Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel Zero (SyFy)

Options
  • 19-10-2016 3:36pm

Channel Zero is an American horror anthology television series created by Nick Antosca. The series was greenlit for two 6-episode, self-contained seasons, slated to air in the fall of 2016 and the fall of 2017 on SyFy. Storylines for the series are based on popular creepypastas.

The first announced installment, based on Kris Straub's Candle Cove, stars Paul Schneider and Fiona Shaw and was directed by Craig William Macneill. The series premiered on October 11, 2016. Channel Zero's second season will be based on Brian Russell's "The No-End House" and will be directed by Steven Piet

Anyone else been watching this ? 2 episodes out so far, and it's not typically my thing but really enjoying it for some reason. Just hits the right kind of creepy for me I guess. Perfect in the run up to Halloween :pac:

Only 6 episodes and the seasons being self contained / anthology is great imo. So short, to the point and with no filler I hope.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This is on 5Star on proper telly. Only two series of six episodes, so little chance of getting bored

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

I love this show already and it's only into the second episode. I think basing a show off of Creepypasta's is genius because I have read most Creepypasta's and they have all scared the bejasus out of me!
    Here is a link to the original Candle Cove Creepypasta if anybody is interested:
    http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Candle_Cove

Apparently season 2 of Channel Zero will be based off of the NoEnd House Creepypasta
    http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/NoEnd_House

A creature made of
    kiddies teeth
    is just pure creepy :eek:

Anyone been watching this? Last episode is next Monday. I've really enjoyed it - quite unlike what I was expecting it being made by SyFy who are more Sharkzilla in my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Seen it all already , Was made pretty well wasn't convinced by the main guy in it though , looking forward to season 2 in the new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 premieres Wednesday, September 20th in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Really liked the first season

Forgot all about this one, silver lining I can binge season 2 this week :)

In other news it's getting a 3rd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Forgot all about this one, silver lining I can binge season 2 this week :)

In other news it's getting a 3rd season.

I didn't think s2 was as strong, kind of lost interest and haven't finished it.

• Advertisement

Just finished No End House, pretty good. Low key, atmospheric and on it's own terms pretty ambitious. Not easy to make something based around memory and being sentient.

(not sure why the continuity issued a warning about offensive language)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Space Dog

So season 3 is out, Butcher's Block. I gave up on the other two after two episodes, but the current one is fantastic so far. Amazing visuals, interesting characters and some truly creepy and f***ed up imagery. Really enjoying it.

Advertisement