Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerstown landfill- alternatives?

Options
  • 18-10-2016 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I see the county council have commenced the close of the land fill to the public by reducing the number of days it opens to the public with a view to full closure by Feb next year. I only use it a couple of times a year but what are the alternative options being offered by the council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I see the county council have commenced the close of the land fill to the public by reducing the number of days it opens to the public with a view to full closure by Feb next year. I only use it a couple of times a year but what are the alternative options being offered by the council?

don't think there is an alternative being put forward by the council, the only one I know of is o'tooles out before ballon..

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭riccol1966

Hi I have emailed carlow county council about this, to ask what are the alternatives. I would expect it is incumbent on them to provide solutions for the thousands of households who use this facility. I think we have a right, at the very least, to get some meaningful feedback from county councils given that we pay our LPT every year to them.

Advertisement