Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer T3 710 M.2 ssd

Options
  • 18-10-2016 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I have a Acer T3 710 that features an m.2 slot on the board (h11h4 mobo). I can't find a definitive answer as to what type of m.2 ssd is suitable.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Do you know what revision of the board it its? Seems there are a few.

Is it booting from a SATADOM? The spec sheets list a PCIx4 thats shared with USB and SATA but I dont see any onbard SATA so that might suggest its a SATA M.2. EDIT: Some versions do have SATA onbard so scratch that.

As its long its unlikely to just be for WLAN anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'd say it is a standard AHCI sata connection rather than a NVMe(could be wrong though) Also open it up and see what size M2 slot there is as there is full length, half length and small.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Thanks for the replies guys,

The board is acer h11h4-ad2, TB1Wj1MKFXXXXbDXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg. Looks like 2088, and would it be a B - keyed m.2? If anyone could post a link to a suited m.2 on amazon, just so I know which line to looking for.

Cheers.

Advertisement