Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi (80) Cabriolet

Options
  • 17-10-2016 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone with an interest in these on boards?

I've been getting in to cabriolets the last while , starting with my MGF and I've recently acquired an Audi Cabriolet as a project and to be in use hopefully early next year. It's a 97 1.8 manual and a bit of a barn find. It's sat in dry (but not clean) storage since 09/10.

My first walkaround and the list of visual stuff is both headlamps are smashed (just the glass. it has the ellipsoid headlamps and they are fine). The bumper is off it and missing the indicators and fogs as well as the grille. The drivers seat foam on the outside of the base is worn but hasnt broken through the leather yet.

It needs a really good clean and I want to give the roof a good scrub with the right products.

After that its the mechanicals. All fluids will be coming out and I want to do the belts.

I'll throw up a few pics later when I get home and hopefully update the thread along the way.

Any advice , pointers, tips etc is much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Look forward to the pics!

I drove an Audi 80 (1989 saloon) for years and absolutely loved it.

Advertisement