Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android tablets with decent screens

Options
  • 17-10-2016 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hey, so for the last two and a bit years I've had a Nook HD+ that I've used more or less exclusively for watching films on (thank you MX Player for actually running 1080p okay on it!) and, more importantly, as a pretty portable second screen for work.

The big positive of the Nook was its screen, 9 inches and 1920x1280. But time is beginning to take its toll and Cyanogenmod always had issues with charging the bloody thing. Even when connected to a charger, the battery runs down faster than it charges. From a full charge I can still get a decent 4-6 hours using it as a second screen via TwomonUSB but maintaining its charge is becoming more hassle than its worth.

So yeah, what I'm looking for are Android tablets with screen sizes of 8 inches or greater with a comparable screen resolution for under $100, ideally a good bit under, and /okay/ battery life.
    So far the Chuwi H8 is the only option I've found at about 70 euro but that could be 90 or so after customs? I'm also not sure if the leap from 9 to 8 inches will be too big.

As far as the work involved, it's web design and it's mostly just having a webpage and terminal open to glance over at to see if everything's in line.

Advertisement