Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on studying personality & disorders

Options
  • 17-10-2016 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hello,

Recently - I have encountered someone whom I believe to have a narcissistic personality disorder. The experience has been rather troublesome for me (but I guess enlightening at the same time) and I'd like to learn more on the topic of personality, personality disorders, sense of self etc.

I'd like to study more of the topic in a formal setting. Anyone have any recommendations of courses in Dublin? I don't want to do a full blown degree in psychology or anything like that.

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Kieran

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm not sure you'll find a course on such a specific issue, unless you're a clinician and doing CPD. If you do find something, try one that's credible and not half baked.

You might be better off picking up a book on personality and abnormal psych.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kieran01

I'm not sure you'll find a course on such a specific issue, unless you're a clinician and doing CPD. If you do find something, try one that's credible and not half baked.

You might be better off picking up a book on personality and abnormal psych.

Thanks. Appreciate the reply. Any beginner type books you can recommend would be great also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Personality and Individual Differences.

Abnormal Psychology

You might find some second hand ones in the likes of Chapters in Dublin. There might be some podcasts (online lectures) on these sort of issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Sam Vaknin, google watch on youtube..
    He is the one who has this disorder but at the same time gives lots of interesting info on the topic...

Also articles on it on PsychologyToday

Advertisement