Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MS Excel - Multi Window

• 17-10-2016 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've two screens and I'd like to have one spreadsheet showing on Screen #1 whilst I have another spreadsheet showing on screen #2 at the same time.

I've Office 2010 V14.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. It's cracking me up that I've two screens but can only seem to display Excel on a single screen so have to constantly switch between the two spreadsheets to grab data etc.

Can someone make my day please????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yup
    Easiest way is to launch Excel a second time and open the 2nd spreadsheet in that.
    Otherwise you'd need to stretch your window settings across the two monitors and enlarge excel which really sounds messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Taltos wrote: »
    Yup
    Easiest way is to launch Excel a second time.
    I never knew you could do that!!

Sorted :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I never knew you could do that!!

Sorted :D
    Right up until you try cutting and pasting from one instance to the other, depending on which version of excel you have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The other alternative is to upgrade to either 2013 or 2016 which supports per-workbook windows within the one instance.

The option of launching a second instance of excel for 2010 or below works but comes with a lot of pains and gotchas.

Advertisement