Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anonymous online groups

Options
  • 17-10-2016 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hi,

I'm trying to set up a programme to promote physical activity. It's called peers without pressure and I want people to be able to anonymously log onto a form where they can upload the amount of walking they did yesterday for example and see what other anonymous people in their group did too. It's to give people who are too socially anxious to form a walking group for a walking challenge but who would do so online.

Anyone any idea of a forum that allows anonymous logins, ideally to an excel spreedsheet.

Appreciate any help

LuvinLunch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Anonymous as in "i'm AnCatDubh from boards and i've just walked 1.5kms, hope to do the same again before end of day" (true story by the way, rain stopped play :)) but is that not anonymous enough? There are lots of possibilities with the fitness forum here on boards - you'll see things in there like the weigh in thread, etc.. which I think might be similar to what you are suggesting.

Another option is to setup a "free forum" - google will return loads of them. No cost to you. They'll spam your forum with advertising, but should be cost free, and then allow all and sundry to post something just like the weigh in thread mentioned above.

Another option would be to set up a shared sheet (through google or onedrive - all free too btw) with an online form as input to the sheet. An anonymous user could go to the online form, submit their walk, and it could then be reviewed through the shared sheet. This is non technical in nature ie. no programming, and very little to learn to get up and running. Though may not include authentication but i'm guessing that with the requirement of being anonymous this is probably more desirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

All good options above ^^^

Me, I'd set up a forum like where someone can register user under a pseudonym.
    This way you know it's always the same person as they have to log in but no-one knows anyone else's real name.

Don't use an excel sheet, rather then a google sheet that anyone with the link can edit simultaneously and in realtime without logging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LuvinLunch

Thnks a million for these suggestions. The google drive one doesn't work i think because you have to log on. I'll check out teh google forums though. Hadn't heard of them. Help very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can set security on a google spread sheet to allow anyone with link to be able to edit. They don't have to log in.
    https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?hl=en&ref_topic=7000947

Advertisement