Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any travel clubs for seniors/singles in Ireland?

Options
  • 16-10-2016 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭

Are there any travel clubs in Ireland that might cater for people who travel alone, single, widowered, but would like to travel as part of a group with organised trips overseas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

to be honest any of the coach tours abroad are mainly people of retirement age, so CIE tours and others like that.
    My parents (now in 70s) have also been on a few Travel Department tours that you would see advertised in the national papers, and they also tend to be an older crowd.
    Obviously they'd travel as a couple, but once on the road, on the bus or at meals, everyone gets chatting so I presume if youre on your own and youre half ways sociable you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fran38

Tucan Travel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'm aware of The Travel Department (used them a few times) and CIE tours, but what I was looking for was a club or group whereby single or unattached people can join and avail of organised travel overseas. Not sure if such an organisation exists in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am not sure but there may be something organised by the Irish Times if not they sometimes advertise a company that does in the Irish Times magazine on Saturdays.

Advertisement