Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finding a new phone - recommendations!

Options
  • 16-10-2016 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

I'm ready to move on from my nexus 6, its just a bit too big and I like to update when I can. Usually I have a fair idea what I want to change to, but this time is proving difficult. Can you help me out?
    Havent had an iphone since the 4s, dont want to get a chinese phone though I know many of you rate them highly, OP3 similarly, it just doesnt sound reliable enough. Have been mighty tempted by the G4 and G4 plus, but havent pulled the trigger, my last few phones were sonys and I liked the look of them, but two had problems and a third I just got bored of. I like the look of the 5x, and I do want something around that size, but its lacking something.
    I prefer sim free and ideal budget is something around €300. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I'd suggest looking at the zte axon 7 . I just bought this from Amazon.de for 450. Spec wise seems the business. Software side might have some limitation but I read on XDA that zte allow unlocking the bootloader now so that should open some options on the rom scene. Also cyanogen seems to be working on something for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Do you know, I think I found it, a Huawei Honor 7. Looks perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

I have the one plus 3 I have to say I was sceptical of it as it's a Chinese start up and that just sounds like bad news all over
    However the phone has outperformed all my expectations and hasn't crashed once in 3 months of ownership
    Originally I was a s5 owner as I like the ability to change batteries on the fly
    I was sold on the 45 minute flat to full charge and the battery really does last a full day
    However c type connectors are not commonplace so it's unlikely to stay over at a friends and ask for a lend of their Samsung charger
    The display is excellent but not as good as the s5 display as there's a bit of backlight going on black is black but you can still see some backlight running through it whereas on the s5 black meant the pixels were completely inert.
    The s5 in comparison would lag when opening up its camera app and lag during snaps alongside having a terrible autofocus during macro shoots.
    For 400 euros unlocked with all that power the one plus 3 is hard to beat

Advertisement