Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap but Decent Power Banks

Options
  • 16-10-2016 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Since the parcelmotel trick does not work with Power Banks from Amazon I was wondering if people knew of other places to get a good cheap battery bank.
    I would prefer a battery bank with at least 15000mAh for less than €30 from a somewhat good brand. At the moment I am looking at getting a Xiaomi 16400 mAh powerbank from AliExpress or DX.com at around €30. If anyone has a better options feel free to mention it. I would like one with at least a 5V/2A input and output. My phone (LG G3) does not support quick charging but it would be a nice addition for future phones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Theres a 20,000mah on adverts for 25e

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

Link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Assume he's talking about the one labeled BYLYND. Its very unlikely to be that capacity at that size/weight. It claims to be 212g(inc case/circuit) and yet to be 44Wh the battery alone needs to be 360g.

Buy the Xiaomi from DX EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

Address pal worked fine for me for a anker one recently

ED E wrote: »
    Assume he's talking about the one labeled BYLYND. Its very unlikely to be that capacity at that size/weight. It claims to be 212g(inc case/circuit) and yet to be 44Wh the battery alone needs to be 360g.

Buy the Xiaomi from DX EU.
    Yeah thats what I was thinking too. My other alternative is to save some money and to get a bigger capacity but I dont think i need it and it would be too heavy and take too long to charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

sioda wrote: »
    Address pal worked fine for me for a anker one recently
    Me too and I am delighted I went with Anker!

SO much better to splash out a few extra euro, even double the size of your battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

A lot of people are paying for bags of sand. Literally that is what is stuffed into some cheapo units, little bags of sand to add weight.

A lot of people are paying for bags of sand. Literally that is what is stuffed into some cheapo units, little bags of sand to add weight.
    Yeah Like those 100,000 mAh ones I see online. That can only justify that amount because of a crappy solar panel they slap onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Deagol

memoryc.ie have a selection of power banks, free Postage. Have dealt with them for years and can highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

I have 3 anger power banks the oldest over two years old and still working well , I also have a Mi I got from Bangood, , still good after a year

Personally if I was buying again I would go with anker for the customer service , they are second to none , address pal ( a post uk address) seems to be an option as poster above said .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

Samurai12 wrote: »
    Since the parcelmotel trick does not work with Power Banks from Amazon I was wondering if people knew of other places to get a good cheap battery bank.
    I would prefer a battery bank with at least 15000mAh for less than €30 from a somewhat good brand. At the moment I am looking at getting a Xiaomi 16400 mAh powerbank from AliExpress or DX.com at around €30. If anyone has a better options feel free to mention it. I would like one with at least a 5V/2A input and output. My phone (LG G3) does not support quick charging but it would be a nice addition for future phones.

What do you mean not work with Parcelmotel ? Of course they do.

Get yourself a Anker powerbank I have had one for the past 3 years and only receently has it started to show its age. Continues to work fine with an iPhone but my samsung s7 Edge seems to drain it very quickly. It also manages to charge it at a decent rate not far off the quick charger out of the box.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerCore-Qualcomm-Portable-Backwards-Compatible/dp/B01D0VZNDO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476706440&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+quick+charger+3.0+portable

This is the updated version to what I currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

Tried using PM address to get the anker one amazon refused the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

Only one you can use because they have a UK drop off that then comes to your local An post and you collect it there

Thats how an others got some

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thats the model I got, given the phone a few boost charges and still full. Also as said it charges almost as quick as if it was plugged in

sioda wrote: »
    Tried using PM address to get the anker one amazon refused the address.
    Can you link which Anker battery PM is not working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I bought this one and it's very good. I can't say how many full charges it gives your phone but it goes charge my iPhone 6 very quick even while using it.

https://www.groupon.ie/users/167109978/groupons/vouchers/93fae76f-f4ff-4a11-b945-3225c0c6ebea

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I bought this one and it's very good. I can't say how many full charges it gives your phone but it goes charge my iPhone 6 very quick even while using it.

https://www.groupon.ie/users/167109978/groupons/vouchers/93fae76f-f4ff-4a11-b945-3225c0c6ebea

Thats a link to your orders, it wont work for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Vinsic have a 20,000 one for 26 to 30 euro on Alex press. Waiting in delivery. Report to you in two weeks!

Also for anybody else considering power banks. I can recommend anker astro and newer units.

If you are looking for a 20,000 bank then consider buying two 10,000 units as this will half the time spent waiting for the units to charge as one will can will be always charged. 10,000 units are more portable too.

Advertisement