Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6 camera problem

Options
  • 16-10-2016 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has experience of this problem. I received a new S6 about 2 weeks ago, set it up using Gaeilge as the preferred language and the camera will not work, if I set the language to English the camera works fine. Camera shuts down in Gaeilge option and works perfectly in English option.
    Contacted Samsung support and was advised it was a software issue and to backup and reset the phone which I did, and to no avail, problem still there.
    Anyone have a similar experience or any suggestions for a fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Keith186

Just tested for the craic and had the same experience.
    I'd say the only way for it to work is for Samsung to fix it. Report it as a bug officially saying their suggested fix didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Keith186 wrote: »
    Just tested for the craic and had the same experience.
    I'd say the only way for it to work is for Samsung to fix it. Report it as a bug officially saying their suggested fix didn't work.

Cheers for that,I've been back onto Samsung and am waiting for a reply as I type. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Whatever you do, don't let it get wet!!

I got one just a few months back, and it went for a quick accidental swim. Phone was cosmetically perfect, even inside seemed dry, but some power connector died and the phone was basically a brick. AT the same time my Tesla 60w mod went for the same swim, and survived without any hassle. odd that a 'premium' phone died instantly where a cheap Chinese vape mod stood up to the water challenge!

I managed to sell it on as a dud, the guy who bought it reckons he can fix it, fair play to him if he does. but Vodafone didn't want to know about it, it was tough s**t Paddy. Hence why I'm in here eyeing up Chinese phones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭petergdub

The Teanga=Gaeilge "tá ceamara stoptha" issue has been fixed in Android 7.
    Have switched to Gaelige on my Samsung S6 and no issues with the camera.
    Lean ar aghaidh.

Advertisement