Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

27 years of glasses

Options
  • 16-10-2016 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Been looking into eye surgery lately, I have had my glasses around 27/28 years and they have almost become a part of me. Has anyone missed their specs after years wearing them? My eyes are pretty poor and just tired of needing glasses to function at all,
    As I'm in donegal any recommendations for clinics in Northern Ireland?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I was delighted to get rid of the glasses, a lot of minor nuisances really add up with them; fogging, sore nose from pads, uncomfortable lying down, needing to put in contacts for sport, etc. Personally, it's all been positives for me since getting the surgery.

I know Optilase have a clinic in Derry that'd be the closest to Donegal that I can think of. Not sure if there are other providers closer than that as I'm not familiar with the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭EmmaH1997

Hi cadete if you need a referral to optilase pm me. I got lasik done in Cork and found the whole optilase team very friendly and professional.I'm very happy I got it done and am now finished with the hassle of contacts and glasses

Advertisement