Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU fan error on new build using a H60 pump

Options
  • 15-10-2016 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, brand new build will not boot :( I'm using an Asus Z97i-Plus motherboard (manual here) and H60 Corsair CPU cooler which it seems to not be detecting. I'm pretty sure the H60 is seated correctly. The H60 has a 3 pin connector which is definitely, definitely in the 4 pin CPU_FAN header. Tried it in the other CHA_FAN but no luck. There's only one other fan in the case over the radiator and it's working nicely.

Chassis is a Silverstone mini-itx FT03 Fortress if that's relevant. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Are you getting a "No CPU cooler found" error?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Turn off QFan etc. The pump will require a significant bit of power to spin up compared to a regular tiny CPU fan.

Advertisement