Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortwave Radio Thread.

Options
  • 15-10-2016 6:44pm

Good to hear some stations going on Shortwave, over the last few days I've got into scanning the SW bands again and came across this today.

Radio700.eu

KW 3985 kHz (75m band)
    KW 6005 kHz (49m band)
    KW 7310 kHz (41m band)

Plays Oldies, I can only listen on a WEB SDR in the Netherlands at the moment, can anyone who has a SW radio tune into 3985 Khz now and give me a signal report please and state whether you're using indoor/external Aerial or normal built in radio aerial and the make model of Aerial.

Here's laser hot hits on 4015 Khz or 5800 Khz, it's a pirate station, low power and signal poor on the Netherlands SDR.

It would be Great to get a list of SW radio stations.

Remember SW has a lot of spectrum to monitor and many stations come on in the afternoon and evening/night and some don't transmit all the time.

So please give reports like this

Signal can use 20 over etc etc if you're familiar with ham radio terminology. etc.

So to simplify

Station name / frequency Time of day discovered.

Country of station if known and transmitter site, some stations can use relay transmitters in different countries.

Signal strength/quality

Radio make and model can use SDR also but NOT WEB based SDR.

Aerial type.

Preferably I'm looking for stations that play music and are English speaking regardless of genre, can be talk, Religious etc as long as English speaking or Music.

Shortwave only please, not AM/LW.

Comments

6205 Khz, Signal is fading in and out, not really the right band for day time. 49 meters, this time of day 41, 19 and 16 meters would be better.

I read on the net that it's Euro radio, a priate station, but it sounds like a real commercial station in the U.K, East Coast FM.

I'm listening on a portable Tecsun PL-310 et. Brilliant radio for it's size. Won't cover the ham bands but it's brilliant for carrying around. I use the Tecsun PL-660 for the ham bands mostly.

A better aerial would obviously improve reception.

6205 Khz is Coast FM http://coastfm.es/

Transmitting from Tenerife on shortwave at the weekend.

The Dublin pirate station NonStop 90s are claiming to be on 6205 for this week but I don't have a SW radio to check it.

Thanks, I'll check alter, any Idea of the power of their transmitter ?

Link to site etc ?

I can hear non stop 90's on the Web sdr in the Netherlands, not very good but a better antenna might give better results, awesome, more power for Europe would be cool, never thought I hear an Irish accent on SW radio !!!

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'll check alter, any Idea of the power of their transmitter ?

Link to site etc ?
    They mentioned it on their Facebook page. No idea of TX power or where it's coming from.

Karsini wrote: »
    They mentioned it on their Facebook page. No idea of TX power or where it's coming from.

yeah I saw their FB page after, I tried when I got home at about 9 but I think they've stopped their SW transmission , usually most SW stations go off air at night anyway. I can't hear it on the Netherlands WebSdr after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Transmitting from Tenerife on shortwave at the weekend.

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but no, not transmitting from Tenerife. Much closer to home.

Yeah ?

Advertisement