Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safety glass - testing / stamping

Options
  • 14-10-2016 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Much to my annoyance our camper (Mercedes Sprinter 312D converted ambulance) failed the CRVT because 2 of the windows are not stamped as safety glass. I'm pretty sure they are laminated glass like the other stamped ones.
    I got a price to get them tested and stamped: €75 test - €20 per window stamp. seems pretty expensive for the test. Anybody know how you test laminated glass?

Comments

I got a note from an autoglass glazier who said he examined my windows and they met road safety standard. Problem solved. It is a boat escape hatch though, the CVRT wouldn't accept the higher standard certificates it carried because they didn't match theirs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 0kee

I got a note from an autoglass glazier who said he examined my windows and they met road safety standard. Problem solved. It is a boat escape hatch though, the CVRT wouldn't accept the higher standard certificates it carried because they didn't match theirs'.

Thanks Liamalot. Yeah, forgot to say i was so annoyed I followed it up with the RSA. they told me a letter from a glass pro would be fine. I've asked one guy and he said he wouldn't give me a note and doubted anyone else would because the glass could be changed. I might ask a few more. As I said, pretty sure it's fine.
    Thanks

Try an indy out the country. ;)

Advertisement