Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Spec

Options
  • 14-10-2016 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Hoping someone can help as little knowledge in laptops. Looking for a basic enough laptop but also capable of running a game with the following requirements.
    Windows OS:Windows 7,8,8.1 10(64 or 32 bit)

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Intel Core AMD Athlon 2 2 GHZ+
    Memory: 2GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600M GT AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 Intel GMA X3100 256 MB VRAM
    Direct X Version 9.0c
    Storage: 3GB available
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Those are very low requirements, what's the game? Virtually any laptop will meet that requirement, but the best value is probably a basic AMD A10 or Intel i3 based laptop at around €350 - the vast majority of laptops between the €250-450 bracket are actually much slower than either.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Its a football manager game so graphics etc wouldnt be major. I presume their the min requirements. Any ideas on the best place to go to buy? Thanks.

I assume because of the terrible exchange rate for Sterling but prices are ridiculously cheap on Laptopsdirect, like this, latest generation i3-based laptop for €290.

Cheers, would that be a good brand?

It's OK, if you prefer there are Lenovo 5th gen i3 models for around the same price, that's the cheapest price for a latest gen i3 though (realistically not much difference).

If you don't need much hard drive space, this would actually be faster, as the SSD boots and responds much quicker than a normal hard drive.

• Advertisement

Cool might go for that. So from the spec the game doesnt need much hard drive space? Sorry im brutal with this stuff. Thanks again.

Not at all. The SSD is only 120GB, most hard drives would be 500GB or 1TB, but it's far, far faster and will provide a much better overall experience. Football Manager will only take 3GB out of that 120GB. It's only really an issue if the user wants to store tons of movies and music on the laptop - personally, I've never had the need for more than a 240GB SSD in my laptop and I would have a fair few games installed.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement