Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sql-Lite export

Options
  • 14-10-2016 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im looking for a way to export data in a sql-Lite database, to an MS-SQL database but on a weekly basis. If this is possible to automate that would make it even better.

Basically we use a spice works ticketing system and i want to duplicate the database and data and add my own comments fields. Is this possible? I would like it to update the tables in the MS-SQL and not just completely overwrite them.

Any help you can give with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Dpjmie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

You can connect to the spiceworks sqllite database using the free sqllite odbc driver.
    Using that you can examine the database structure and tables using Access + and ODBC connection.

There's a partial view available in the PDF https://static.spiceworks.com/attachments/post/0016/8600/database_schema_diagram.pdf

to identify the tables that you want to extend in your copy.

Whether you can automate it depends on your programming ability, choice of language and complexity of additions.

At the most basic, it'd be a SQLLITE3 odbc select statement to grab the desired table / view.
    Load into a temporary table.

I may be misreading you, but it sounds as though you want to add your comments as an additional column in your SQL Server copied table.
    I'm going to suggest that this will cause horrible headaches for you, and that you would be better served keeping your comments separated in their own table. Use the spiceworks table ID as the foreign key in your comments table to link to your comment to a spiceworks row.

Advertisement