Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing a hinge for a cabinet

Options
  • 14-10-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi. I am about to make a hardwood cabinet with multiple pull out drawers for sheet music storage. I would like to have a door which will open and clear the cabinet interior so that the drawers can slide out unimpeded. What type of hinge would be suitable for this please?. Many thanks. James
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Hi. I am about to make a hardwood cabinet with multiple pull out drawers for sheet music storage. I would like to have a door which will open and clear the cabinet interior so that the drawers can slide out unimpeded. What type of hinge would be suitable for this please?. Many thanks. James

You will need to overlay the door - as opposed to inserting it. There are no end of overlay hinges available - the self closing variety will eliminate the need for a catch. They tend to be for wardrobes so you will have to search for an appropriate size and they have to be matched to the width of the side of the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kubrickhead

Many thanks for your help. The euro hinges that are currently on my kitchen doors don't seem to clear the carcass opening completely but I know now, thanks to you, that there are other ones available.

Advertisement