Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini upgrade - should I keep current 1150 CPU, or not?

Options
  • 14-10-2016 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Brought over some bits of my old PC to Canada;
    CPU: 3.4GHz 15-4670K
    RAM: 8GB (2 DIMMs of Corsair, forget actual timings offhand)
    GPU: GeForce GTX 760
    SSD: 120GB and 500GB
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

Shall be using it for mainly ARMA3, and photo processing, with the odd video encoding.

Wondering should I stick with the current quad i5 CPU, or should I upgrade? Shall be needing a new mobo, and would prefer to stick with the current so I'd only need to get a mobo and two more sticks of RAM (to bring it up to 16GB), along with a case and PSU.

Don't need a Windows license as have a legit license, and shall be using some 19" pos monitor until I can get a cheapish 24" monitor.

Currently have no gaming PC, so prefer to get this up and running, with the possibility of GPU upgrade at a later date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Your CPU is only 1 generation old LOL

Upgrade the Graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Your CPU is only 1 generation old LOL

Upgrade the Graphics card.
    Yup. Main reason I want to keep it, even if the mobos that support it are only DDR3. Just ensuring I wasn't mad holding onto it.

Advertisement