Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gutter cleaning timing

Options
  • 14-10-2016 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I appreciate any help on this.

When should I have my gutters cleaned and sealed?
    A guy just came by to offer the service but I think there are still many leaves that have not fallen hence my gutters would just get clogged again.

When is the recommended time for gutter cleaning in Ireland/Dublin?

Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It all depends on if you have trees overhanging the roof. If you have trees overhanging then wait till all the leaves are gone from the tree. If no overhang at all then every few years with be fine as all you'd be clearing is a buildup of moss

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Make sure they are reputable operators and insured if you are worried about that sort of thing. Cold calls like that can lead to all sorts of complications. eg "I just noticed a few cracked slates which I can fix for €200" etc.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭jack of all

Wearb wrote: »
    Make sure they are reputable operators and insured if you are worried about that sort of thing. Cold calls like that can lead to all sorts of complications. eg "I just noticed a few cracked slates which I can fix for €200" etc.

+1 on this; I'd be very wary of any cold callers offering their services, you'd be better of using a reputable company/ sole trader for anything like this, especially where ladders and working at height are involved. I think it would be fair to say that the vast, vast majority of registered businesses do not cold call looking for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kingmicky

Thanks guys.
    I do have lots of overhanging trees.
    I had a cold caller who was actually very nice and seemed professional but I told him I'd get in touch in a couple of weeks after all/most of the leaves have fallen. But I think I'll get someone more reputable.

Advertisement