Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go GPS Spoofers in Blanchardstown

Options
  • 13-10-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

I witnessed evident GPS spoofing in Blanch today.
    I wont mention nicknames but its team instinct guys.
    I have requested a banhammer from Niantic providing time and date and location based on my observation.

This spoofing team started to work hard on 11.10.2016 dominating every gym around blanch shopping centre.

I believe GPS spoofing ruins experience for legitimate players.
    Its like trying to win against Neo from Matrix. :mad:

Any thoughts on that?
    Did you get affected or witnessed anything? If so please also report to help bring them down, I welcome prv message to discuss.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I dont need names but Blanch shop centre is a very busy area.

Im not familiar with the gym situation. How many are there? are they far apart? Could it have been a group together?
    We've all been gym sniped at this point Im sure, its a pain but it happens.
    And yes GPS spoofing is a pox.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Its not gym sniping it is two high level INSTICT players with ARMY of Snorlax and Dragonites and Laprases in 10 gyms around Shopping Centre, renewing every day. I know they are cheaters because I witnessed them gps spoofing. I have been gym sniped tons of times and it is not that.
    One of the is LVL27 and has like 10 snorlaxes,..,. yeah ,... Other is 35...

Current situation:
    LVL 10 INSTICT gyms are rising filled with top tier. It is grim.

If any VALOR player sees this please PM so we can work together to take down this disease!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Shiranui wrote: »
    If any VALOR player sees this please PM so we can work together to take down this disease!

Or maybe report the players?

You do realise that taking out the gyms of GPS spoofers wont really do a lot, its not like they have to walk/drive back out to reclaim them!

Or maybe report the players?

Reported with GMT Timestamps and timeline of how they ghosted their way through ~8gyms.

I do not see the effect.

Maybe if more players witnessed it and reported them it would work.
    I cannot report them again because I have not witnessed gym taken remotely again.
    The example I reported I was there and it was crystal clear.

I do not think reporting lvl 27 player that has 10 snorlaxes is valid.
    Hey maybe he hatched them all ;) ?

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    You do realise that taking out the gyms of GPS spoofers wont really do a lot, its not like they have to walk/drive back out to reclaim them!

Yes but bringing down their Lapras+Arcanine+Snorlax+Dragonite lvl10 tower takes me 50 minutes and I dont have a weak strike team. If more players participated it would be easier for all.

....... If more players participated it would be easier for all.
    That is true, but its about 5 years since Ive been near Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Tradez89

I'm from blanch and yeah the Team Instinct cheats are the bane of my life. Everyday I go and try take down some of their gyms but they always return (it's easy for them to retake a gym when they have 5 or 6 Snorlaxes and Dragonites over 2700). Yesterday I was playing and took one and it had been retaken by the same guy within 30 seconds. They've completely ruined the game for me to be honest

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have ye tried reporting them? There were 2 team instinct (why is it always instinct?) cheats near me that would clog up all the gyms with high level mons. This was back when the game just released here so nobody was at level 30 yet. I reported them and so did a couple of others and they must have been banned because I haven't seen them around since.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Tradez89

What's the process for reporting them?

• Advertisement

Tradez89 wrote: »
    What's the process for reporting them?

Gladly helping:

Please go to this official site:
    https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/225146308-Submit-a-ban-appeal

Please choose following options:
    Submit a request / Report inappropriate gameplay

From here just give some information on the incident:

1 Your email address
    2 Additional info/reason for your request
    (here explain how gps spoofer reclaimed gym(s) but he was not in vicinity, give time in (specify your timezone)
    3 Report / Player is cheating
    4 Tell us more / (choose option here)
    5 Your Trainer nickname
    6 Nickname of suspected Trainer (one nickname per report, please)
    [DONT MESS 5 WITH 6! :D]
    7 Add Attachments if you took screenshots.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That's what I used. I'd also taken photos while we were at one particular gym, showing that there was a battle going on in the gym, but nobody was anywhere near it apart from me. A couple of minutes later a level 32 team instinct player had put a 2000+ Snorlax in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

Has anyone ever noticed the reporting working? I reported one Valor player ages ago because they constantly zip around taking gyms and put in 3K dragonites and Tauros in the gyms, at times when I'm staring at the gym and no one else is on their phone. But hes still knocking around taking every gym in the area every day.

Yes, I reported a gps spoofer a while back and he is gone now.

If enough players report the activity giving good descriptions the banhammer falls.

Yes, I reported a gps spoofer a while back and he is gone now.

If enough players report the activity giving good descriptions the banhammer falls.

Well good to know it works sometimes at least. I guess maybe no one else has reported this cheater then. It seems like its mostly Valor around here so maybe they are less likely to report someone on their team who is getting them free gym slots all the time.

Its Instict all the way in Blanchardstown.
    At least now with gym update it is easier to topple these towers.

FaceCake wrote: »
    Well good to know it works sometimes at least. I guess maybe no one else has reported this cheater then. It seems like its mostly Valor around here so maybe they are less likely to report someone on their team who is getting them free gym slots all the time.

Unless you actually see it happening it can be hard to tell if it's spoofing sometimes. There's one guy on my team who is literally in every mystic gym in the area and I thought for sure he must be spoofing, but I met him the other day (know him in real life) and turns out he's got a job delivering Chinese, so he hits all the gyms in the area on his rounds. Jammy fecker.

Toots wrote: »
    Unless you actually see it happening it can be hard to tell if it's spoofing sometimes. There's one guy on my team who is literally in every mystic gym in the area and I thought for sure he must be spoofing, but I met him the other day (know him in real life) and turns out he's got a job delivering Chinese, so he hits all the gyms in the area on his rounds. Jammy fecker.

I'm almost 100% certain this guy is. When I take his gyms in the morning he comes in behind me and starts taking them back quicker than I can take new ones and I've never seen him, its often a pretty quiet group of three gyms. He seems to have an endless supply of near maxed snorlaxes and dragonites to put in gyms along with the occasional region exclusive. I can see the gyms from my house and they are in a a walled and gated area that is closed at night. I have seen him take the gyms after midnight in the rain.

I reported him after I saw him battle and claim a gym with no one else around. Unless hes a ninja I don't see how he could have. Its off the road with no buildings around and I had pretty clear sight on the surrounding area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

FaceCake wrote: »
    I'm almost 100% certain this guy is. When I take his gyms in the morning he comes in behind me and starts taking them back quicker than I can take new ones and I've never seen him, its often a pretty quiet group of three gyms. He seems to have an endless supply of near maxed snorlaxes and dragonites to put in gyms along with the occasional region exclusive. I can see the gyms from my house and they are in a a walled and gated area that is closed at night. I have seen him take the gyms after midnight in the rain.

I reported him after I saw him battle and claim a gym with no one else around. Unless hes a ninja I don't see how he could have. Its off the road with no buildings around and I had pretty clear sight on the surrounding area.
    Is this the level 36 guy?

Simply Red wrote: »
    Is this the level 36 guy?

Yes very same.
    I saw him wiping out 8 gyms in 17 minutes lately (took notes of what mons were in which gyms etc), and reported him for that.
    Surely I have not seen him taking all gyms during that day, BUT since I witnessed him taking a gym remotely before AND he does it daily its no suprise.
    Besides if NIANTIC would check activity logs they can prove this.

Please do report his abuse and please MAKE SURE you take screenshot of his nickname, it is SO EASY to misspell at as its jonny19ireland and NOT johny19ireland

It really pissed me off when I go running, its damn cold, raining and he effin ruins my motivation by just clicking on the computer.
    The guy should get a damn life, at least I get some excercise..

How to report:
    https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us?return_to=/hc/en-us/requests
    Please choose following options:
    Submit a request / Report inappropriate gameplay

From here just give some information on the incident:

1 Your email address
    2 Additional info/reason for your request
    (here explain how gps spoofer reclaimed gym(s) but he was not in vicinity, give time in (specify your timezone)
    3 Report / Player is cheating
    4 Tell us more / (choose option here)
    5 Your Trainer nickname
    6 Nickname of suspected Trainer (one nickname per report, please)
    [DONT MESS 5 WITH 6! ]
    7 Add Attachments if you took screenshots.

• Advertisement

Oh sorry I was talking about a spoofer in my area. They have a different name, I just didn't name them because I didn't feel like I should get other people to report him if they haven't seen them cheating.

I am not suggesting reporting anyone without witnessing it yourself.

Today reported player Hincul, who took Main Park Entrance remotely 9 - 9:10.

Please report him IF you witness him cheating, he likely took more gyms this way.

I have photos of the location with no one around at the time and screenshots of the game, all submitted to Niantic.

Awaiting banhammer.

I would like to encourage other players to have zero tolerance for cheaters as this ruins legitimate game.

I waste revives and pots while some "see you next tuesday" clicks pokestops from the comfy warmth of his moms basement :)

Seems to be a new spoofer in the Sandyford/Dundrum area - someone called idasoul. They take over all the gyms from the bottom of Ballawley Park, all the way up to Sandyford Church, and also Balally church and then a couple in the industrial estate. I had pokemon in all these gyms and while I was sitting at home this evening, saw all 7 of them arriving back home within the space of about 40 minutes. You couldn't walk/cycle all these within 40 minutes, and if you were driving, there are a couple that you couldn't park outside and access. On nights I couldn't sleep, I've actually driven around all these and battled them to put pokemon in, and it took me a good two hours. Also I've never seen that person in the area before, and around here I'd recognise most of the names. They had something like 3 2800+CP Blisseys in gyms earlier on today, and I battled a few of them down, but didn't have long enough to spend taking them all down. I've reported them to Niantic, so it'll be interesting to see is anything done about it.

Good work, Toots! Report, make timelines with GMT timestamps, make screenshots etc.

Best report is when you catch the guy red handed - then include photos of location and advise Niantic that EXIF matches your timeline and there is no one there.

If they have suspicious amount of rare stuff (like 3 fully powered Tyranitars) you can suggest that its suspicious and likely aquired via gps sniping - so you could ask them to investigate server logs for this user.

If you can ask other trainers in the area to report these ppl too if they can witness them taking gym remotely, do that.

I have no idea what is most effective but I did have some success in reporting and getting rid of gps spoofers.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Chrisbellew

GPS Spoofers in Dundalk and surrounding areas as well haven't been able to train any gyms in months because it's level 10 with dragonites by the gym person in 10+ gyms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Toots wrote: »
    Seems to be a new spoofer in the Sandyford/Dundrum area - someone called idasoul. They take over all the gyms from the bottom of Ballawley Park, all the way up to Sandyford Church, and also Balally church and then a couple in the industrial estate. I had pokemon in all these gyms and while I was sitting at home this evening, saw all 7 of them arriving back home within the space of about 40 minutes. You couldn't walk/cycle all these within 40 minutes, and if you were driving, there are a couple that you couldn't park outside and access. On nights I couldn't sleep, I've actually driven around all these and battled them to put pokemon in, and it took me a good two hours. Also I've never seen that person in the area before, and around here I'd recognise most of the names. They had something like 3 2800+CP Blisseys in gyms earlier on today, and I battled a few of them down, but didn't have long enough to spend taking them all down. I've reported them to Niantic, so it'll be interesting to see is anything done about it.

I love idasoul. Clearly a spoofer but he's been clearing out a lot of Mystic gyms, which is good for Valour players like me. Most of the time the gyms in the area belong to Mystic spoofers anyway, so it's only fair :p

Absoluvely wrote: »
    I love idasoul. Clearly a spoofer but he's been clearing out a lot of Mystic gyms, which is good for Valour players like me. Most of the time the gyms in the area belong to Mystic spoofers anyway, so it's only fair :p

But I was in all of those gyms! I need my feckin coins to buy incubators to clear out all the stupid 5km eggs in my egg bag. I need a bit of variety though, cos I've one Snorlax, one Blissey, and then the rest of my strongest are all Gyarados so if you see a girl player with a Gyarados in all the gyms in the area, it's probably me :pac: And if you see a woman asleep in the car near one of them at a mad hour of the night, that's also probably me :P

Absoluvely wrote: »

Im Valor but Im telling ya if there is anything that will ultimately kill this game its gps spoofers.

BTW report your Mystic spoofers too..

• Advertisement

Im Valor but Im telling ya if there is anything that will ultimately kill this game its gps spoofers.

BTW report your Mystic spoofers too..

TBH, I've no problem with people who spoof to get to their nearest pokestop, or just to collect Pokemon. IMO they're not doing any harm. But the ones who spoof and take over gyms are a problem. Sure that idasoul guy had a 700cp Farfetch'd in the Sandyford Church gym last night. Subtlety isn't his strong suit.

Advertisement