Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing along to backing tracks live.....What setup?

Options
  • 13-10-2016 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭

Alright folks. I'm used to using a small tube amp in a club scenario with a full band but I'll be going out as a two piece (singer and me on guitar). I think having a tube amp is going to be overkill.
    If there's anyone out there in a similar setup I'd love to hear how you have the guitar setup. I'm not mad gone on effects so something like a POD HD would be probably lost on me. I'd ideally like to have a nice clean tone and an overdriven tone.
    Something I can feed into a PA and I'll be able to hear myself. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

The pod is a good idea as it has amp modelling and a distortion straight to PA is nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

I gigged under similar circumstances for 7 years. Bose L1 PA and a POD XT Live. Took weeks of mucking about and a few gigs to get the mix right but once I did it was golden. The biggest issue you'll have on modelling into PAs are the heavy drive options. Cleans and FX worked fine for me but the distortion settings on PODS in general take a lot of fiddling about with.

BTW I've played both the XT Live and HD500 at gigs and ended going back to the XT Live. HD500 was far too nu metal imho. You can pick an XT Live up for like 100 euro now so you'll not be risking much giving it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I've heard very, very good things about the Joyo American Sound being used as a preamp straight to desk, with pedals going into the front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I've heard very, very good things about the Joyo American Sound being used as a preamp straight to desk, with pedals going into the front of it.

That pedal looks very interesting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

30 euro!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I'm not ruling out the modellers but I'm gonna go with what I'm used to ....a few pedals into a Blues junior behind me mic'd up through the PA. I'll let yiz know how i get on.

Advertisement