Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Mobile App Boarding Pass Query

Options
  • 13-10-2016 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

My apologies if this has been asked before but I need some help.

Normally when travelling I'd print out a boarding pass but decided this time I'd be all 21st century and use the Ryanair app. There are two of us booked on a flight tomorrow, my partner and I. When I log into the app it shows both boarding passes. Surely I need to get a boarding pass onto her phone or is it acceptable to have both on my phone?
    If I need to get one onto her phone... how can I transfer it as there's no option to download. I have her as a companion under my Ryanair account if that helps.

Sitting here in a Polish shopping centre starting to mildly panic so advice is most welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Two boarding passes on the one phone is fine. Just swipe between them when at the gate.

Have one of those savage ice creams they do in Poland. Nyommers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

spurious wrote: »
    Two boarding passes on the one phone is fine. Just swipe between them when at the gate.

Have one of those savage ice creams they do in Poland. Nyommers.
    Really? I believe you it just seems a bit dodgy, like at those automatic gates that only allow one person through at a time when you place the QR code down on the scanner, you'll be passing the phone back through the gate to another person. But I suppose if they built the ability into the app they dont have a problem with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Thargor wrote: »
    Really? I believe you it just seems a bit dodgy, like at those automatic gates that only allow one person through at a time when you place the QR code down on the scanner, you'll be passing the phone back through the gate to another person. But I suppose if they built the ability into the app they dont have a problem with it...

This is exactly what me and my bro did coming through Glasgow airport last weekend, and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I always have both of our boarding passes on my phone when we travel - I just go through first and they scan them, one after the other, at the same time. The 'pass the phone' option is a bit fiddly when you're juggling passports, hand luggage etc

I worried about all of this before I used it the first time too. I even went to the extreme of installing the app on his phone, logging in as myself and downloading both passes there too :o It was overkill alright but I felt reassured (belt and braces).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

A friend had the bright idea to screenshot her boarding pass and send it to her phone. I've done that so hopefully that'll do the job.

Thanks for the replies... much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

you can both log on the ryanair app and have the boarding passes on both phones

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Screenshot and send is what I did and it worked just fine.

Advertisement