Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specific open source ECommerce

Options
  • 12-10-2016 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Odd one, but I'm looking for an open source Ecommerce solution that does something similar to justeat.ie.

I develop apps generally from the ground up in php framworks so using wordpress and so on is quite alien to me.

Basicall an ecommerce site that will display 'menus' for each provider by area with the option to buy and so on. It differs from normal ecommerce in so far as there are multiple suppliers taking orders instead of having your own stock internally. Obviously there wold be communication with suppliers and so on but if there's something out there already in php that I can adapt it would save me from rolling my own from scratch at this stage.

Does anyone know of any that covers some of what I'm looking for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DaveJoyce

Hi Buford

You should have a look at nopCommerce. It isn't exactly what you are looking for but you can download the source from Github (it's all in C#) and this will give you a base to allow you to expand it to handle the web store options you are looking for it.

I have used this on a few sites that I worked on and I really prefer it

Dave

Turbo Inventory ERP

Helping you sell more, more often

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Hi Buford

You should have a look at nopCommerce. It isn't exactly what you are looking for but you can download the source from Github (it's all in C#) and this will give you a base to allow you to expand it to handle the web store options you are looking for it.

I have used this on a few sites that I worked on and I really prefer it

Thanks, but I'm not proficent enough with C# and .NET just yet to be able to implement it properly, and also SQL Server isn't exactly free unless I'm missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DaveJoyce

I used hosted options that provided SQL Server as one of the database options.

You can get SQL Server Express which performs the database side. I believe but I am probably wrong it is the reporting side that is missing from it

Sorry I couldn't help anymore

Dave

Turbo Inventory ERP

Helping you sell more, more often

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Talisman

Sounds like a multi vendor e-commerce system.

WordPress with WooCommerce:

Have a look at the WooCommerce Multi Vendor plugin.

LazyEater might be worth a look too.

I can't vouch for the quality of the plugins.

All of the major e-commerce platforms should have multi-vendor plugins available.

Advertisement