Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona Airport / Nou Camp - Travel Time

Options
  • 12-10-2016 8:51pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In an unexpected twist I have been offered tickets for this Saturday's game at the Nou Camp between Barcelona and Deportivo which kicks off at 4.15pm, so the match is going to be finished just after 6pm.

I have a Ryanair flight booked from Barcelona to Dublin at 9.35pm and was wondering if it is possible that I could still make the flight with hand luggage only if I went to the game. I think it should be possible but wondered if anyone had any advice?

Now the Metro takes 23 minutes from the station nearest Nou Camp to the airport terminal, however I'm a little bit worried about crowds after the game, although since the L9 metro is going away from the city, I'm thinking it shouldn't be as badly effected as other lines.

I can buy fast track security from Ryanair for €3 which seems a sensible idea to give myself some extra buffer time, but was curious if anyone knew if I skipped the security lines, how long would it take from entering departures area before seucirty to getting to gate if I didn't stop to do anything along the way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'd post on the Barcelona forum on Tripadvisor if I were you.

Suppose part of it will depend on where in the stadium you are, how busy it will be etc. I would think you'd definitely be fine. Google Maps estimating an hour for a few different modes. You could just get a Taxi if you wanted, haven't been to Camp Nou so no idea how busy roads get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

Fast track security will do very little good in Barca .. last year flying out after security there was another passport / boarding card check which was a queue of about 45 mins .. longer than security.

Advertisement