Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games are you looking forward to for the Christmas period?

Options
  • 12-10-2016 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

I was looking there at what games are cropping up until the end of the year. Thought there would be more that interests me coming out but I'm a bit disappointed.

Here are a few that are coming on my radar for PS4 and Xbox One.

Forza Horizon 3 - out already
    Gear of War 4 - out already

Dishonored 2
    Watch Dogs 2
    Final Fantasy XV
    Dead Rising 4
    The Last Guardian
    Batman Return to Arkham
    100ft Robot Golf

I'm not too bothered as I have a massive backlog but the line-up doesn't appear as strong as last year for instance.

What are you looking forward to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Gears of War 4 (just released)
    Shadow Warrior 2
    Sid Meier's Civilisation VI
    Titanfall 2
    Skyrim SE (free though, PC edition upgrade)
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (mainly for MW Remastered)
    Dishonored 2 (this one is #1 for me)
    Planet Coaster
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
    Steep

Also the NES Classic Mini and whatever Hearthstone's winter expansion is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

All I'm looking forward too is the Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa. I haven't really seen any games that I'm really looking forward too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Shadow Warrior 2
    Battlefield One
    Dark Souls 3 DLC
    Titanfall 2
    Final Fantasy XV
    The Last Guardian
    Space Hulk: Deathwing

Pretty weak to be honest. The only one i get 100% will be the Dark Souls DLC the rest i have a passing interest in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Final Fantasy looks good although ive never played a final fantasy game before. Nothing else stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Final Fantasy 15 is coming out? Thought that was never going to happen, longest production time ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Unearthly wrote: »
    Final Fantasy 15 is coming out? Thought that was never going to happen, longest production time ever

The Last Guardian disagrees! I'm looking forward to the NES mini and might pick up Paper Mario Color Splash. Battlefield 1 looks decent too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

None of those on my list are will buys by the way, just on the short list so it depends on reviews. I'll probably just buy one or two.

I also hope that PS Plus and Games with Gold have a few big games coming up.

I'll likely pick up most of the major releases but not as enthused as I've been in previous years about the line up , getting old I guess :o

Dead Rising 4 and Dishonoured 2 top of the list I guess now that south park was kicked into next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Gears of War 4
    Shadow Warrior 2
    BF 1
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    Dishonored 2
    Titanfall 2
    Planet Coaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dishonored 2 was on mine, It was so much so that I went and played/completed Dishonored 1 again this week.
    Then I heard some very disheartening things about it...

Dailogue and story options barely change, if at all when you play as Korvo as opposed to Emily and vice versa.
    NPCs and story characters will interact with both using the exact same dialogue in the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My son is looking forward to Dishonored 2
    I'm hankering after The Last Guardian
    Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS looks fantastic too.

I'm hoping too to pick up Boulder Dash for my Atari 65XE, also the new Zelda 30th anniversary Amiibo figures as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Dishonored 2 was on mine, It was so much so that I went and played/completed Dishonored 1 again this week.

Dailogue and story options barely change, if at all when you play as Korvo as opposed to Emily and vice versa.
    NPCs and story characters will interact with both using the exact same dialogue in the same way.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

SeantheMan wrote: »

Not really surprising though given the cost and time required to build separate campaigns. Personally I'll be happy if both characters offer a truly different way to play the game, mechanically speaking. If they achieve that then combined with the Low/High Chaos playthroughs, there should be plenty to keep folk interested.

I'm finally getting through the DLC for the original game at the moment so yea, the sequel is top of my list at the moment. Also just "cleared" Titanfall in anticipation for the campaign in the sequel so add that to the list. Working though the campaign in BF4 at lunch time so hopefully I can get that and Hardline out of the way before BF1 hits. Hearing some pretty good things about the campaign in that one.

Between the PS4 Pro announcement and the release of The Last Guardian, now may finally be the time to jump onto the current generation of consoles but if not, I still have plenty of games in the backlog to keep me busy over the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Funnily enough, the Game I'm looking forward to playing over the christmas break is Dark Souls 3.

I dont get to sit down for long uninterrupted binges of gaming anymore, so looking forward to staying up till all hours with the fire on whilst trying to get my through From Softwares newest gauntlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Last of Us.... finally.... I'm gonna do it....

I wanted South Park also :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm just playing through the first Dark Souls for the first time at the moment. Amazing game would be an under-statement. All else will seem pedestrian and boring by comparison. Might be a while before I get to 3.

Pity about the South Park delay but hopefully it will result in a better game, loved The Stick Of Truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cormac... wrote: »
    The Last of Us.... finally.... I'm gonna do it....

I wanted South Park also :/

Pity SP didn't make Xmas....

You never finished TLOU?

:O

I can't talk really, as I got stuck early on in PS3 version and never went back as I knew the PS4 version was coming... :P

Finished it on PS4 and loved it...

I'm actually thinking of replaying it over the Xmas, if I ever get my copy I loaned my friend eons ago back... :/

This year I'm looking forward to the Last Guardian, Battlefield and the NES.... :)

Might grab Gears on PC if it gets a bit cheaper... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Fieldog wrote: »
    You never finished TLOU?

Straight up never even played it. I have it there, it's still in the plastic wrapping.

I've triggered like half of Boards there now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Gears of War 4.
    I shall be locked in my study with the takeaway on speed dial for the month of January :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cormac... wrote: »
    Straight up never even played it. I have it there, it's still in the plastic wrapping.

I've triggered like half of Boards there now :pac:

For shame...

You've woken the hive... ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement