Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand toys

Options
  • 12-10-2016 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere in waterford that would take used but in good to excellent condition toys and give them to people who might get use from them? Have a good few things to get rid of because they're just not needed anymore. I know I can give to a charity shop but from looking in some of them they sell the things for a euro or two and probably don't make much from them - I imagine if there were any families in need etc they'd get a lot more value from them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Would svp take them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Barnardos take them.

I work with a guy who volunteers with them locally. They have a house / office in Clonard Park in Ballybeg and it has a toy area. They also have a toy appeal around this time of year for Christmas, but the caveat is that the toys must be in good condition so that the child won't wonder why Santa brought them a broken toy.

You can call them at 051-844140 if you need further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks! Just rang Barnardos and they do take them - delighted to see things go to someone who might need them. Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That's great, we tried to give toys away before but couldn't find anyone to take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yep, only thing they dont take is teddies for hygiene reasons but didn't have any of those to give anyway. They took some baby clothes from me as well, very nice ladies, was delighted to see things to a decent home hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Maybe the women's refuge as some children may have fled their home without their toys.

Advertisement