Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retention planning driveway

Options
  • 12-10-2016 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi. Looking for some advice please. I got a driveway put in during the summer. genuinely didn't know until half way through that planning was required for this. I am now going to apply for retention planning and also to get the pavement at the front dished. Have been doing some research and see that generally the access opening can only be 2.5 metres or in some cases 3.5. Mine is currently 3.9.... to allow two cars in off the road. If applying for retention planning permission what are the chances we will be made do the front opening again ?? Also any advice on a cheaper option than an architect to do the drawings?? Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ss32 wrote: »
    Hi. Looking for some advice please. I got a driveway put in during the summer. genuinely didn't know until half way through that planning was required for this. I am now going to apply for retention planning and also to get the pavement at the front dished. Have been doing some research and see that generally the access opening can only be 2.5 metres or in some cases 3.5. Mine is currently 3.9.... to allow two cars in off the road. If applying for retention planning permission what are the chances we will be made do the front opening again ?? Also any advice on a cheaper option than an architect to do the drawings?? Many thanks.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ss32

in Dublin 9

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ss32 wrote: »
    in Dublin 9

I can almost guarantee you DCC will condition the application to be reduced to 3.6m ;)

I've done many in that area, 3.6m is the max that they allow in compliance with the Dublin City Development Plan.

Advertisement